I’ve been working remotely from home for one year now and it’s been great….well, mostly. Like anything new, there have been obstacles. However, after many trials and tribulations I can now run the gauntlet like a soccer mom evading children playing in the street in her minivan.
Here are some things that I have learned ( maybe they’ll help you, too ) :
- I’ve learned that there is no longer anyone to blame other than myself for burning the popcorn in the microwave
- ….and, that that horrible leftover smell in the fridge is, in fact, my own.
- I’ve learned that having an “open door policy” doesn’t work when your officemates are two kids ( and dogs ).
- I’ve learned that when everyone is working from home on battery powered keyboards and mice, he who holds the last two AA batteries is king.
- I’ve learned that my wife showers at precisely the same time as my daily webcam meetings – and that the camera faces the bathroom.
- Lastly, I’ve learned that pants are, indeed, optional.
Take care. Stay healthy. Live life. Forgo the pants.
#remotework #workfromhome #remoteworking #doglover #petlover #dogs #COVID #parentingfail #comic #drawnandcoded #clipstudiopaint